The past several years have been financially hard on many Tennessee families. Even though the Middle Tennessee economy is rebounding, there are still those that may need a helping hand.
Tennessee is one of 18 states that is eligible to receive funds from the “Hardest Hit Fund.” The great folks at THDA are the ones administering this program, which is called “Keep My Tennessee Home.”
From the THDA Keep My Tennessee Home website:
Homeowners who qualify for financial assistance may receive up to 18 months of monthly mortgage payments and/or funds to pay past due mortgage payments to bring the mortgage current; these funds are paid directly to the loan servicer/lender.
To qualify for the Keep My Tennessee Home program, a homeowner must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be unemployed or underemployed (a 30% reduction of income) through no fault of their own. The event or incident which results in unemployment or substantial underemployment must have occurred after Jan. 1, 2008.
- Have a mortgage for a single-family home or condominium (attached or detached) in Tennessee that they occupy as their primary residence. This includes manufactured homes on foundations permanently affixed to real estate that they own.
- The combined amount of your mortgage principal, interest, taxes and insurance must be greater than 31% of your household income after the job loss/reduction of income.
- Not have more than six months’ reserves of liquid assets, that is, liquid assets equal to six months of their mortgage principal, interest, taxes and insurance.
- Have a household income less than $74,980.
- Have a total unpaid principal balance not exceeding $226,100.
Above are the basic eligibility criteria. Meeting these criteria does not guarantee eligibility for the Keep My Tennessee Home program.
This is one program that many people are not aware of. It is out there and it is available.
Now YOU know. Others need to know. Please pass the word!
Trey Lewis is VP Sales & Marketing for Ole South Properties Inc, Tennessee’s largest independent home builder, 615.896.0019 direct 615.593.6340 or email TLewis@olesouth.com. Specializing in new homes in the Greater Nashville area to include Nashville, Murfreesboro, Smyrna, Clarksville, Gallatin, and Spring Hill, Tennessee.